Monday, January 01, 2007

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Okay... So, I'm a little late on my holiday greetings. Would you believe me if I said we'd been busy? Hayden & Hank are so time-consuming these days - so curious that we have to watch them closely, but so fun that we don't want to miss a minute of being with them. Everyday they say something new and funny. Tonight Hayden proclaimed that "Daddy is gross!" after smelling his foot. That one had Jay & me cracking up. The other day, I yelled to the back of the van, "I. LOVE. HAYDEN!" to which she replied, "I. LOVE. PIZZA!" As you can tell, it's mostly Hayden who entertains us. That's not to say that Hank doesn't do his share, he's just so much more laid back than she is. He is content to sit and read a book, watch a movie, or play with cars. Hayden has to be performing for an audience at all times. Check out the following pictures from Christmas, and you'll see what I mean. She's in four different costumes over the course of a few days, and the majority of the pictures are of her. I'm usually pretty fair about the number of pics I post for each child, but that's not the case with the latest set of pics. Hayden was a show-stealer! Enjoy!


Click the above pic to open album.

Since Christmas, the Harrison house has been more like a hospital. Hank went to the dr on the 26th and got a shot of rocephin and came home with some antibiotics and cough meds. The dr said it was a chest cold but didn't do any xrays or anything. Within a couple of days, Hayden started sniffling and coughing, and we tried to fight it off, but it didn't work. Jay took her in on Saturday morning, and the dr DID do xrays and determined that she has pneumonia. So, she too got the same shot and some different and horrible antibiotics along with cough meds. Somewhere along the way, I ended up with something similar. You know, that yucky-can't-breathe-through-your-nose-while-sleeping-so-you-wake-up-with-a-desert-in-your-mouth stuff. How fun. And tonight Jay went to bed at 9:30 complaining of a sore throat. Lovely. Since tomorrow is a federal holiday (Ford's funeral), I'll keep the kiddos home with me for one more day before sending them back to their little germ petri dish at daycare. Unfortunately, their sickness hasn't slowed them down at all. They are still going a mile a minute, while I'm about to sputter and die. But it's still just so darn fun.

Happy New Year (a little late)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sweet babies are getting sooo big! We miss seeing ya'll!!! Pretty soon, I'll have one to add to the mix. I can't wait. It's going to be fun!
Erin

Anonymous said...

Sally,

The twins have gotten so big. I was reviewing some old emails and found one from you which led me to your blog. I love to read blogs.
So glad to hear everything is going so well. Love, Elizabeth