Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Happy Columbus Day!

We enjoyed a fun weekend in McComb and a nice holiday yesterday at home. H&H saw their pediatrician yesterday and got a great report! Hank weighed 15-10, and Hayden weighed 13-7. They are getting so big! They were a little tired going into the appointment, so you can imagine what it was like when Dr. Smith started poking and prodding them. Then they got their RSV shots. They were NOT happy. Since Hank weighs more, he got 2 shots. She also gave them the go-ahead to start eating meats. It grosses me out to think of feeding them mushy meat out of a jar, but I guess I'll have to. Yuck. To her, she said they look like 7-month-olds developmentally. That's so great considering they are still about week shy of being 6 months adjusted age. I'll try to get some new pictures up this week. Hank is getting a little more hair, but poor Hayden has been cursed by her mommy and will probably be bald until she's 4. I joked to a friend the other day that H&H could star in their own soap "The BALD and the Beautiful". Fine by me, though. I wouldn't know what to do with her hair if she had any! Bows and braids are all foreign to me. Thanks for checking up on us--we're doing great!

p.s. Hank's MRI is Monday. The word is that he will have to be sedated, and I'm still not excited about it, but I don't think it's as bad as I thought. It's called conscious sedation, where he's just basically put to sleep rather than general anesthesia. Makes me feel only a tad better, but I guess I'll have to live with it.

No comments: