Tuesday, May 31, 2005

C.R.


H&H's great-grandfather (Sally's mom's dad) passed away on the 19th. We always stayed with them when we went down to McComb, and we had just had a great visit with him on the weekend prior to his passing. Here is a really sweet pic that was taken of him and Hayden four days before he died. I have so many friends that have lost grandparents at a young age, and I am so blessed that I have 30 years of memories with CR. The last year has been so wonderful, seeing him interact with my children. They really put a spark back into him, and he called us everyday to remind Hank not to drive too fast on our next trip to McComb, and to make sure that "Haney" (aka Hayden) wasn't eating all of Hank's food. His mind was still very good, those were just his little jokes with us. I think my grandmother is going to turn his room into a room for H&H, and I don't think that anything would please him more. On a lighter note, H&H are 500 days old today. They are both doing so well. Hayden is walking up a storm, and Hank is finally getting close to standing on his own. We went to church again, and they had a great time (so we hear). We went to eat Mexican afterwards with some friends, and H&H had a cheese quesadilla and some rice. They loved it. There were two birthdays while we were there, so the waiters came out clapping, clanging pot lids, and blowing a big ol' horn. H&H thought it was great! Hayden will "say" light (she actually only says the "t" sound), and she will point to the light, too. And when we sing, "Where is Hayden, Where is Hayden? Here I am, Here I am!" She pats her chest. Hank will clap when we sing patty-cake, and he will snuggle up to me when I ask him to "love Momma". They are so much fun, and we are so excited to be out and about with them now. They will be in McComb all next week while Jay & I go on a vacation to Washington DC. If you're in the area, stop by either of my grandmothers' houses... They've each got joint custody for the week! Thanks for checking in. I'll have some new pictures up soon.

No comments: