Monday, July 26, 2004

First swim

H&H are doing great. They went swimming for the first time Friday night. They loved it. They weren't quite sure what to do, but they kicked and had a good time. They love their baths so much that we thought they'd enjoy the pool, too. I fed Hank with a spoon the other night. What a mess we made! He really likes it now. We're only doing cereal and will start veggies in a few weeks. Hayden doesn't like the spoon, but we're still working on it. Their sitter started working last week. She's been great, and the kids don't seem to notice that someone different is taking care of them. They sleep 12 hours straight at night with several naps during the day. Of course, they started sleeping through the night just as I went back to work and Jay took over. How unfair is that??? We won't have new weights for a couple of weeks, but I think Hank is about 13 lbs and Hayden is about 10 1/2. I can't believe they're so big now. For Christmas I'm getting each of them a doll that is custom made to their birth size, so we'll always have a reminder of how small they were when they were born. I think it will be a nice keepsake for them to show their own children and grandchildren. Am I thinking ahead or what? Y'all have a great week!

No comments: