Tuesday, April 20, 2004

WE ARE HOME!!!

All four of us came home today, and my feet haven't touched the ground since Sunday--I'm floating! It is so good to see these fat, healthy babies with no tubes or wires, and hold them any time I please. We had a great time with Hayden & Hank the past 2 nights in the hospital. Everything went very smoothly, and we never had to call for the nurse at all. We all slept really good, and they were no trouble. We finally got to play the long-awaited game of dress-up in some day gowns that my grandmother Gilbert and her mother made 50-something years ago for my mom, aunt, and uncle. We took lots of pictures, and I hope to get them uploaded tonight. H & H eat at 9, 1, and 5, which isn't a bad schedule for us. Their discharge weights were Hank--6 lbs. 11 oz. and Hayden--5 lbs. 10 oz. We have really enjoyed having them home. They are adjusting fine and are sleeping soundly right now. They also slept the entire trip home in the car. I got some cute pics in their car seats... they looked so grown-up! We have our first pediatrician appt in Vicksburg on Monday, then it's back to Jackson on Tuesday for an eye dr appointment. I'm going to catch a few Z's, but before I do I, along with H&H (in their slumber), will thank the Lord for all of you who have prayed for us and kept up with us over the past 3+ months. We really couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: