Saturday, January 24, 2004

Missing in Action

Many of you are wondering why we haven't updated the site. It seems we are getting very good at surprise hospital admissions. Thursday night I noticed some redness near my incision, so I rode with Jay to visit the babies and have a nurse look at me. It turned out that my incision was infected and required me to be readmitted for 2 nights. It's now Saturday, and hopefully I'm back home for good--although I definitely didn't mind being just down the hall from the babies for a couple of nights! They are doing fine. We got a report Friday morning that Hayden had a Category 1 brain bleed, and Hank had a Category 3 bleed. Of course, it scared us to death, but these bleeds are very common and often will not cause any long-term damage. There is always a risk of cerebral palsy with a Category 3, but we were instructed not to hyper-focus on this. We do ask that you pray specifically for Hank's bleeding to be absorbed to eliminate these risks. Hayden is being herself--trucking right along with no major problems. Last night, the nurse let me take Hank's temperature, and we watched them get fed. Hayden is getting 3.5 ml of milk every 3 hours, and Hank is getting 5.5 ml. They are both tolerating it very well. Today is their 1-week birthday, and before we left the hospital today, I sang Happy Birthday to them. Hank wiggled around, so I'm not sure he enjoyed my singing, but Hayden was a trooper, as usual. We are amazed at how many people have checked out this site, and we thank you for your interest in our babies. Your prayers are definitely being heard and answered!!!

No comments: