Tuesday, March 09, 2004

What a fun night!

YAY!! Jay & I got to hold BOTH babies at the same time. I wish you all could have seen them together, all wrapped up in the same blanket. They were so cute! We took a lot of pictures, but they were with "real" cameras, so I have to get the film developed before I can put them on the site. Hayden had her little hands all over Hank's face. He didn't try to touch her though, because we all know that girls have cooties. ;) They did really well and seemed to enjoy being together again (we could tell by their oxygen saturation, heartrate, etc.). We're both so excited, I'm not sure we'll be able to go to sleep. Hank weighs 3 lbs. 14 oz.--such a big boy. Hayden weighs 3 lbs. 9 oz. and had scooted all of the way to the top end of her crib and turned herself completely sideways when we got there. She has been nicknamed "Scooter"... I hope it doesn't stick! I think they will try to bottle feed the twins next week. Tonight, Jay & I "fed" them (we held the syringes that contain the formula that their feeding tubes are attached to). Hank's nurse put a few drops of formula in Hank's mouth to let him taste it to see if he would start trying to suck, but he wasn't interested. Jay took care of Hayden tonight, and I took care of Hank. Jay dodged another bullet tonight, because Hank's diaper was nasty! He'll get a good one one of these days... Thank y'all so much for the prayers... I hope you can see how they are working... Y'all must be praying for us, too, because we thought that their time in the hospital would drag on, but it's really flown by. And we've only gone crazy a few times! ;) Okay, I'VE only gone crazy a few times! Jay's pretty much been just Jay. Whew--what a night--I'm going to try to settle down from this high I'm on. I hope to have pictures up by the end of the week (I hope they're good!). Y'all have a great day!

No comments: