Saturday, February 14, 2004

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Hayden and Hank received so many visitors today as part of their Valentine and 4-week birthday presents. My mom, Maw Maw Gilbert, my daddy, Uncle Vernon, & Aunt Marie all visited this morning. Jay & I went over late this afternoon, and there were V-day cards in their beds from Daddy, LeWair, Nanny, and PaPaw Sam, and my mom gave them two little stuffed Boston Terrier puppies (just like our dogs D-O-G and Shug). H & H even had a present waiting for me next to their beds! I got two charms for my charm bracelet--a little girl with Hayden's monogram and birthdate and a little boy with Hank's initials and birthdate. I can't wait to put them on my bracelet and show them off. They were both doing good today. The hospital called this morning to ask permission to stick a needle in Hayden's lump thing to see if anything would come out. Her dr said he just couldn't stop obsessing over her, trying to figure out what it is, so he asked a pediatric orthopedist to come look at it to make sure she didn't have an infection in her hip joint. Nothing came out of the lump, so now the hip infection is ruled out. What a mystery! It looked better to me this evening, though. Her nose was getting irritated from the CPAP, so they put her back on the nasal cannula, but at higher settings (poor man's CPAP they call it). Hank has been moved up to 20cc of milk, but it seems that this Elsie the Cow is running low, so they've had to start them on formula. I'm taking a drug to increase my milk supply, so we'll see what happens over the next few days... Oh, well... I tried.... Hayden weighed 2 lbs. 1.6 oz. and Hank weighed 2 lbs. 3 oz. They look huge compared to some new twins that were just admitted that weigh 1 lb. 2 oz. They were born at 22 weeks and are so tiny. I can remember when ours were the smallest in the NICU, and I can't believe that a month has already gone by. We know that they are growing and getting healthier because of you and your prayers!

No comments: